we attempted to help the Limits re-colonize the United States and return Her Majesty’s territories to the Commonwealth Realm through Punk, a trick they’ve used to great success in the past - John Lydon, Cal Morris, Steve Ignorant, Taf, Pete Shelley, Ian Curtis, Howard DeSoto were all on the Crown’s chequebook. You should see Eddie O’Toole’s palatial estate… it’s no wonder he uses an adopted surname.
Here are some stream-of-consciousness notes, text messages, hand-scrawled sentences I took down in the van and on the road (all typed, as I have no scanner or appropriate camera). Excuse the shitty formatting, I am not bothered enough to make it look nice. This is less than a week’s worth, unedited, I need to find the rest or sit down and type from memory… I’ll certainly do that sometime soon. Until then please see MODERN HATE VIBE vol. 4. They seem to be in chronological order, except for the first three from Reagan International at 4am:
- “Piss off you wankers,” - J. aquilina breaking the somber mood
- Sex and violence huddle
- Eddie wrist gauntlet moshing
- Jesus, Rob Ruz is skinny now
- Giant pizza and cake fart video immediately after/during
- Bryony van vomit
- Stag beer
- This house is entirely run by 16 year old girls!
- EVERYONE Peeing in yard
- This new Cardiac Arrest guitarist is not wearing shoes
- St. Louis has over fifty Billy Dee WIlliams Schlitz billboards
- Drinking in Pita pit
- “That cunt at Subway”
- Pink panthers
- Joe photobooth (Haha I totally forgot about this til NOW)
- Strawberry threat
- Idiot fur protesters across from TWO indian food trucks
- Indian food truck guy is actually pakistani immigrant from Hackney, Josh might have seen him before
- Discourage won’t sell us anything
- Pyrate Punx
- Free Radicalz are THE SHIT
- Justin Malone is THEE SHIT
- Syringe box in pdx house
- Ceiling heater in pdx house
- Darris. Darris
- Brace said “POHMmies”
- Wild thing killed it!
- Eddie & I dined like GODS at chinese place across from Petes
- Josh got Brace’s house back for “POHMmies”. and louis and ellis and tim helped, i think
- Airfix Kits / Limits inter-UK heckling. “You sound like you should sell insurance”
- And the bartender was irish??
- In-n-out rules! props abby thomas
- “in LA. Noodles everywhere. The air smells like Doritos has a Chinese Food flavor.”
- Raiden hats
- Me/Joe quest for taco bell ends at the Bureau of Prisons and shitty fucking Subway :(
- Secret Green day guitarist at show
- That chick has Gauze pants on (??)
- That guy looks like Kenny Powers
- There are a lot of Mexican prostitutes next to this bar we’re playing next to the Smell
- The bartender is dancing to us and she is a babe
- Rough Kids guy threw a lot of microphone stands!
- Those guys with cameras from the outdoor show are here and rule! Talking about the Gears at a hot dog cart
- The bartender is dancing to everything, and she is far less a babe than previously thought
- Alexis Arquette threat
- Trailer park boys painting in rough kids guy’s house
- Rough Kids guy driving (!!)
- Pulled over #4 lane what the fuck are you talking about cop? Erik Estrada MOUSTACHE
- Vivian girls desert
- Domestic dispute at gas station, rednecks are in ALL STATES
- Standards KILLED IT. the singer looks like he’s Greg Ginn’s son
- Hey guys, why dont you hit on this chick that lives at this house some more
- Giant trash cans. They smell.
- Second band is from fucking space
- Cops came
- Cool AUSTIN
- Tyre blown at sunrise in ghost town. Whoops
- “I’d love to help you change the tyre, but we only have enough water to wash so many hands” - papa max
- Spare tyre blown mid-afternoon in green part of desert. Whoops. No Austin.
- This town hates punks
- Lone Star.
- D-lup and I kept Dairy Queen open! SUCK IT TEXAS
- Hey Houston, you have great burritos
- but shitty record stores
- “Women’s Music” is not an acceptable genre
- NO TALK represent all four Texan stereotypical looks. this is awesome
- NO TALK is fucking awesome
- BAD HAIR LIFE guy is a nice dude, gives us a 6-month heads up on how sick the SECRET PROSTITUTES are
- Louis is fucking drunk
- hanging from rafters
- this was the night i was most certain of Night Death
lots of pictures here: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?id=5726087&aid=2448950, if you know me!
8/3 w/ NECRO HIPPIES & SMALL BONES at LUNCHBOX RECS - $3, all ages 8p sharp
8/7 w/ NOMOS (ex-DUSTHEADS) & CRAZY SPIRIT & THIEVES & _____ at A HOUSE, RALEIGH - $5?, all ages, cookout at 4 show at 8
8/8 w/ WHATEVER BRAINS (!) & YARDWORK at THE MILESTONE - $6 18+, 9p
1419A CENTRAL AVE
CHARLOTTE NC 28205
- As I sit in a major coffee chain to get internet access, I am sitting next to four guys discussing their jobs, sitting about 3m from each other in a circle. I’ve gathered that they’re on the crew for some movie that is being filmed here. “gaffer’s a lonely job man, but no, it’s bullshit for them to tell us how to do our jobs. just cause they’re familiar with the script… i’m supposed to read it as thoroughly as her? Fuck her. She can’t even speak English… Labor is so cheap or whatever, but you can’t be speakin Brazilian instead of English. We could’ve wrote Heroes instead of this shit, man. Heroes.” I am now vividly remembering how banal NYC nightlife conversation is. Please, talk louder, no one’s impressed yet
- GUN OUTFIT was, quite literally, awesome. best of folks, great band, etc etc etc go see them.
- DOUBLE NEGATIVE’s DAYDREAM NATION will be out in days. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck yes, my favorite record of 2010 so far!